>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
![]() |
| The "Xmas" Hotel in Bavaria |
![]() | |
| Check out where the Hotel is and how big the Castle is! Look at the people in the Castle entry... |
http://blog.hostelbookers.com/travel/best-breakfast/ fun stuff for Jordan to check out...
Sent away request for booking over our "Xmas" period and received this back...
Dear Mrs McLean,
thank you very much for your kind reply.
For example we could offer you two nights between Dec 15th and
Jan 15th, ecpect Dec 29th, 30th and 31st.
The price in the HOTEL GARNI SCHLOSSBLICK is € 26,00 (low season) or € 31,00 (high season) per person / night.
If you like to make a firm booking, please let us know the exact date and for
booking guarantee, please let us know your CC details for booking guarantee.
We are looking forward to your kind reply and we remain
with best regards
HOTEL GARNI SCHLOSSBLICK
L. Kubena, reservations
So, this means you can have a White Xmas, of sorts.
Jordie can have his snow boarding day, we all can have a sleigh ride and all we have to do is to book it for you, so let the journey begin!
Say it commences 7th Dec at this point...
You have 303 days left to go from to-day, 5th Feb, 2012 before departure!
That equates to just over 43 weeks...
Saving $100 a week will give the required $4000 you will need, without the extra 10-20% for blowout expenses.
I will try and keep it at bare bones.
If you get the biz happening before, which you should do at least 3 local weddings prior to departure, you must save any of those earnings apart from the $100 a week necessary to save.
This is to be seen as a recon mission for a business that will demand you visit new wedding venues in UK and Europe at least annually.
As this will be a bare bones trip, all you need to accomplish this trip is the very important the lay of the land!
That is...
- gain a perspective of what is available,
- how it operates over there
- the culture of each area
- Food choices and availability
- Distances
- Costs/options
- Transport facilities
- Venue destinations
- clear up your supply details and what each venue supplies
- where Europe is in relation to UK
- Check out specials available for honeymoons over there as compared to what is offered here for over there...eg...http://www.neilson.co.uk/ski Check out those specials...Makes you sick with desire!!!
So, while it is tempting to do all that is on offer in each area, it must remain a full on fair dinkum business trip with 2 days out for personal stuff only, for tax purposes. Even that is dubious as I think lots of people would benefit from the research gained, especially for Xmas in the Snow.
Ok...so that will be it for a week.
Save your first $100 nowPut it into a Heritage Xmas account that you can't touch for 6 months.
I have done all I can now.
- Have arranged with Elaine to meet her in Ireland
- Will arrange with Richard to meet him in Vienna
- Arrange with Gary to meet him just under Leeds Castle
- This new lady Jill, we will see where that goes.
There are a lot of folk I can hook up with over there who have local area knowledge in UK, so I need to know some more Castle destinations/names.
Pop the Castle names in the comment box here, so I can keep tabs of what goes with what and I'll check them out and rate them as viable options or not, this time around.
I am assuming you are all systems go, so I will book the Hotel above for 2 nights that suit the schedule.
Please bear in mind, this will be a full on expedition.
At least 5 kms of walking daily, as we scramble from buses to Hostels, back again to buses, to Castles, to trains, to car hire places.
We will not take cabs at all.
Too expensive...
So, get fit!
![]() |
| A Place in the Snow... |
Place your Castles and requests in the comments box below please, so I can keep everything together!
Mum
XXX



Celtic Castles only...
ReplyDelete