Friday, January 28, 2011

Meeting Nina to Collect my Vienna Ball Ticket, Friday, Day 5

Remember this is a blog & it updates backwards! Go to the bottom and find the first post if you want to get the gist of this in sequence...
 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
It is Minus 1 again today, snow everywhere as we head into Vienna central to collect my ball ticket for the Vienna Artzball to-morrow night!
It's the first time to-day my jaw froze up & it was hard to talk.
Just like down at Threadbo...but once inside the shops, it's cozy again!
Anyway, we didn't dress appropriately enough as it's so warm inside, you forget it could actually get cold!

Sarah came with me until I collected my Ball ticket & that was greatly appreciated as she knew her way around the underground train system & taught me how to use it.

We had a bit of a tour around central Vienna...I am totally blown away by the sheer beauty of all of this over here & can't believe I am not living here somewhere! I feel so alive, so at home, finally...it's amazing.

Sarah & I had lunch at a Viennese Restaurant...She had vegetarian dumplings, cheese & onions...6Euro & I had Hungarian Goulash Soup. Really awesome & filling with lots of meat & vegies in it. 3.95 Euro! One thing to know is if they offer you a bread roll with lunch, they charge 2 Euro extra for it!
Never mind, for 5.95 E, it was a feast anyways.

Total cost to-day;
Ball Ticket, 100Euro, lunch 5.95E, Piccolo bottle of wine, 85centsE.
Total...106.85ish Euro!
Wein...Outside St Stephens Chapel...It's HUGE & so amazingly detailed...awesome work! They are restoring parts of it, that's why it's covered with mesh in the background.
Can't fit it all in!
Inside the Chapel...St Stephens in Vienna
People were in Church there, so we were restricted while the service was on! It's dark & massive...
A Chandelier at eye level, (for me) next to where I collected my ball ticket!
Nina giving me my Ball ticket! She was so kind to me. Thank you Nina!
In Maccas, having a hot choc after collecting my Ball Ticket!

Sarah, my new English friend, who invited me to watch her house in Penzance (England) for a few days while she teaches in Europe!
One of the Carriages I could hire to take me to the Ball to-morrow night!
Another view...They will help me into it!
Or maybe this one?  Choices, choices...
Another view of St Stephens when the sun was shining & it was 1 degree!
I'm going nuts with all these chandeliers in all the shops here!
This is the place where the consierge told me I was going to the wrong Palace for my Ball on Sat night! ooops...
The sitting room in a hotel I wandered into!
Vienna central...
Vienna Central...I think I've died & gone to heaven!
I am in my version of heaven!
Can you believe it is soooo beautiful? I burst into tears of joy when I view this stuff! I'm gonna be a mess at the Ball to-morrow night!
Central Vienna...-1 Degree!
Heading into the Hoffburg Palace grounds where my ball is being held to-morrow night!
Under the arches we go...
OMG...this is all so awesomely beautiful! I want one....
Made it! Stage 1...
The dome in the carriageway!
A coffee shop in the Palace Grounds...
Sarah out front of the Palace precinct...
The sun shone & I took a pic of just the size of it all!
More outside the Hoffburg  Palace Grounds
Getting up close & personal now...
I'm sitting on History here...so exciting!
We thought this was the palace entrance, but it's now the public library!
Some Library entrance!
This is the entrance now for the Ball!
I'm happy...lots of crystal!
They were securing the building here, so we were hustled out. 3,000 people coming to-morrow night I believe. Lots of European Doctors!
Having lunch in a Viennese Restaurant!
Our outdoor natural fridge!
300gms real Viennese cho for 1.35 Euro!
Downstais in the hidden lounge...free WiFi here too!
It's so hot inside, we open the windows!


Check out the ear muffs on the horses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in my travels...