Later in Frankfurt; 2pm their time...
Am in Maccas now after doing a one hour City Tour in the Double Decker Big Red Bus.
Awesome city. Love the centuries old history here. So much beauty in the buildings. Not much over 10 or so stories high until very recently, due to Frankfurt being on an earthquake shelf.
The trees are deciduous, like in Melbourne & it was raining & cold & it actually had a few flakes of snow fall during the bus tour. Took lots of pics thru’ the bus windows, raindrops & all!
| Great Entrance to The subway! |
Am filling in time now, waiting for the 10pm bus to Vienna. An 8- 10 hour trip I believe. Got caught out there again!
Next time I’ll have to check that the flights are in the day time & buses run in the day time too. They are crazy on night time travel here.
Another custom; I saw a lady bring her Jack Russell dog into Starbucks this morning...Everything seems so blasé & relaxed over here, compared to how restricted we are in Aus.
I really think I like it thus far.
Am impressed, to say the least. I didn’t think I’d worry about Frankfurt as it wasn’t on my radar at all, but I am so glad I did the tour. I learned so much about European history, going back to 500AD.
Best 15 Euro I ever spent. Will try & do a bus tour in each major city as I visit them. It’s so fascinating; as we don’t have anything like this type of history back in Aus.
| Silver Earings I could not resist! |
Could not resist buying a pair of earings a while ago...they were high heeled, “diamond” studded silver shoes! 3.95Euros (about $6 AU$D). Actually stuff is really cheap here, cheaper than in Bangkok.
About $4 AU$D for a massive pizza oval. Louise would go mental over here with all the bagel shops...$1.90Euro for most croissants & bagels.
Gotta go now, will be back later this arvo or in the am from Vienna at my $10 Hostel.
Gotta go now, will be back later this arvo or in the am from Vienna at my $10 Hostel.
Just came back to Starbucks to borrow their adapter. The girl ended up giving it to me, even tho' I offered to pay for it!
It's still cold & rainy, even tho' the sun momentarily popped out about 2 hours ago.
Another funny thing is seeing beer & bubbly for sale along side of soft drinks, in all the shops. Have to go back to Eurolines shortly & collect my baggage & I'll go to the Hotel next door with the Crystal Chandelier & wait for the 10 pm bus to Vienna.
I'm busting for a decent sleep. Oh, I just realized I haven't had a shower since 7am on Monday, Aust time. Every time I sit still for a while, the floor tilts sideways, like a ship rocking!
It's still cold & rainy, even tho' the sun momentarily popped out about 2 hours ago.
Another funny thing is seeing beer & bubbly for sale along side of soft drinks, in all the shops. Have to go back to Eurolines shortly & collect my baggage & I'll go to the Hotel next door with the Crystal Chandelier & wait for the 10 pm bus to Vienna.
I'm busting for a decent sleep. Oh, I just realized I haven't had a shower since 7am on Monday, Aust time. Every time I sit still for a while, the floor tilts sideways, like a ship rocking!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your interest in my travels...