>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Well, the journey is now planned for the final 8 days.
Here it is...
Go to Ireland by Bus & Ferry tomorrow, leaving Edinburgh at 3 pm to-morrow, Wed, 16th.
Elaine's husband is collecting me from the ferry terminal in Belfast at 10.20pm (only time the ferry crosses there).
Stay with Elaine & family for 3 nights & will have St Paddy's day in Ireland with a friend...how cool! Then lots of IM chatting to catch up on for sure.
Leave on Sat morning for Dublin by bus at about 8am for 2 & a bit hours journey.
Have 2 free days in Dublin to explore the area, so I haven't booked any hostels yet, as I'm looking for tours of the outer areas when I arrive there.
Booked a hostel for Monday night in Dublin (8 Euro)to make sure I catch the Virgin bus/train/ferry service(38 pounds) from Dublin to London on Tuesday morning at about 8-9am.
Then I have 2 nights booked in London, a stones throw from the Victoria bus station, Buckingham Palace & all the sights. I lashed out a bit & paid a bit more for convenience here as I wanted to see the sights easily.
26 Pounds for the 2 nights all up.
Bought a ticket for Phantom of The Opera at Her Majesty's Theatre for Wednesday night yesterday too. It was cheaper than the Tuesday arvo mattinee, so I went for that one, 40 odd pounds I think. Suits me better as I'll be over that way on my walking tour, so I'll mosey on in & do the show at the close of light, as I won't be able to take any more pics then.
Am so looking forwards to seeing Phantom again. I'm not even worried about getting dressed up for this event, whereas in Vienna I was upset about not being able to get all dressed up for a 2 hour Strauss & Mozart Concert, due to the train breaking down 5 stops from my hostel & heaven's only knew if I could get back on time, so I turned around & went back into the city in my daggiest clothes I've ventured out in so far! That will teach me!
Different types of events! Just a short walk back to the hostel too afterwards.
Still raining here to-day & temp 4 C, with everyone sitting inside on their lap tops, but it seems it will be fine to-morrow when I leave. The bus departs at 3.15 pm so I should have time to climb Arthur's Seat & get some close up shots of Edinburgh Castle before I go.
Am so looking forwards to the 2 ferry crossings (mini cruises) in the next week. Lots of old Irish songs are flooding my memory as the time approaches to cross over the Irish sea.
When I do those trips & see Phantom, I will have achieved the 6 things I set out to see & experience, so all the rest of the things I've done & seen have been bonuses.
Vienna is on the planner for annual visits for a month or so & from there I'd like to take some cruises etc they have here. I only found all this info yesterday in some down time thankfully. There's heaps of cheap & well presented tours originating from here. So, I'll certainly be doing some heavy planning for next time.
I have enjoyed this Granny Gap Backpacking time for sure. But next time I'll do organised tours, as I'm a bit lazy & tend to like sitting at my blog too much instead of touring as much as I could have. I have no regrets as Vienna was the best of best of anything I could ever have imagined in my wildest of wildest dreams! One very happy chappy, I am!
Have pre booked all the above online yesterday to save heaps by booking early.
No pics to-day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your interest in my travels...