>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Just a quickie to-day. It's 10.30 am & I'm off to Belfast, Ireland this afternoon at around 3pm.
I go by bus to Glasgow, then to the Scottish ferry port, Strainer, to catch the ferry across the Irish Sea to-night at 7pm.ish, arriving 10.44pm.
Elaine's hubby is picking me up, so I'm just checking schedules etc now & will be signing off for a few days as I don't know if I can get WiFi at Elaine's.
After I leave Elaine on Sat am, I head for Dublin about 8-9am , arriving about 11am ish, by bus.
I'll continue my blog then if you don't hear from me before hand.
It's foggy & overcast to-day & 0 C.but feels like -2C
That's it for Scotland...Over & out.
One thing before I leave...Each country over here has so much history, each deserves a good 3 weeks tour, to appreciate it the best.
XXXXX
Well, what a surprise!
The Ferry has free WiFi! Oh I love this...Ferry, cold chicken for dinner (I bought last night for 3.50 pounds for a whole large chook that we pay over $10 at home for!) & I've just ordered a glass of bubbles!
The other great surprise was the trip down to here.
It is simply the one of the most beautiful drives in the world.
I have never heard of it & wish I could have taken more pics for you, but the sun which did come out after Glasgow, was in the wrong direction & the bus was full & I couldn't jump from seat to seat like I have on other journeys...
Actually, one of the Stewards just said it is the Irish Sea! Wow, oh, wow!
How lucky am I?
I must admit, when I decide to get into it, the Universe co-operates & gives me spectacular weather...eg...The Palaces in Vienna, King Ludwig's Castles, Sound of Music tour, Lauterbrunnen in Switzerland, Loch Ness & to-day & so on.
I am truly thankful for this trip & all I have experienced...and for no more than my pension!
WOW!
Here are some pics I've just uploaded while waiting for my bubbles...the first bubbles in over 3 weeks or more. I did have some mulled wine in Inverness, but couldn't find it anywhere else up this way!
Well, what a surprise!
The Ferry has free WiFi! Oh I love this...Ferry, cold chicken for dinner (I bought last night for 3.50 pounds for a whole large chook that we pay over $10 at home for!) & I've just ordered a glass of bubbles!
The other great surprise was the trip down to here.
It is simply the one of the most beautiful drives in the world.
I have never heard of it & wish I could have taken more pics for you, but the sun which did come out after Glasgow, was in the wrong direction & the bus was full & I couldn't jump from seat to seat like I have on other journeys...
BUT
I captured the most magnificent sunset over the "Irish Sea" ever on video & on film.Actually, one of the Stewards just said it is the Irish Sea! Wow, oh, wow!
How lucky am I?
I must admit, when I decide to get into it, the Universe co-operates & gives me spectacular weather...eg...The Palaces in Vienna, King Ludwig's Castles, Sound of Music tour, Lauterbrunnen in Switzerland, Loch Ness & to-day & so on.
I am truly thankful for this trip & all I have experienced...and for no more than my pension!
WOW!
Here are some pics I've just uploaded while waiting for my bubbles...the first bubbles in over 3 weeks or more. I did have some mulled wine in Inverness, but couldn't find it anywhere else up this way!
| Leaving Edinburgh...In the fog! |
I can't upload any more pics, they are SO slow on the ferry, but I appreciate the fact I can actually finish my blog report to-day...ON The Irish Sea!
How cool is That?
Well, that was funny...they have no idea what a glass of "bubbles" is on this ferry!
The waiter asked "what type of beer is that...draught or something..."
I cracked up laughing & he went off & came back with a glass of white wine for ...wait for it...4.50p That's 4 pounds & 50 pence...just for the glass of still white wine! (That's about $8 Aussie dollars for a glass!) I accepted it, gracefully.
They have no concept of bubbly wine up this way...I think that's why I loved Vienna so much.
Even tho the bubbles was 3-5 euro a glass, at least they had it in them & knew what it was & delivered it with finesse & pizzazz!
Yup, that's it...no bubbles in Scotland, only beer...naw, can't live here!
Just found an electrical plug on the wall & am now charging my computer batteries! Fancy that! The ferry is all decked out for the modern traveler for sure.
Love it!
More later.
Wait until you see the coastline & the sunset on video. It's so beautiful, you may weep.
It was really beautiful & I kept on pinching myself to make sure I was awake & not dreaming!
My first coastline over here without snow, rain & sleet!
How cool is That?
Well, that was funny...they have no idea what a glass of "bubbles" is on this ferry!
The waiter asked "what type of beer is that...draught or something..."
I cracked up laughing & he went off & came back with a glass of white wine for ...wait for it...4.50p That's 4 pounds & 50 pence...just for the glass of still white wine! (That's about $8 Aussie dollars for a glass!) I accepted it, gracefully.
They have no concept of bubbly wine up this way...I think that's why I loved Vienna so much.
Even tho the bubbles was 3-5 euro a glass, at least they had it in them & knew what it was & delivered it with finesse & pizzazz!
Yup, that's it...no bubbles in Scotland, only beer...naw, can't live here!
Just found an electrical plug on the wall & am now charging my computer batteries! Fancy that! The ferry is all decked out for the modern traveler for sure.
Love it!
More later.
Wait until you see the coastline & the sunset on video. It's so beautiful, you may weep.
It was really beautiful & I kept on pinching myself to make sure I was awake & not dreaming!
My first coastline over here without snow, rain & sleet!
| Then...we came upon the Irish Sea...(all this is thru the bus windows, so I am pleased the pics are so good) |
| Just looking back at the beach...yup, real ones. Very pretty. There are lots more, but I've just come upon a WiFi cafe & am giving you some to look at! |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your interest in my travels...