>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Just a quickie post here as I can't seem to get the pics to load in sequence in Blogger's new format...
Went all over the place to-day & did the 3 bus tours for 25 Euro...great value.
Vienna covers about 400 sq miles & has population of 1.3 million or so, depending on which info source you read!
Went all over the place to-day & did the 3 bus tours for 25 Euro...great value.
Vienna covers about 400 sq miles & has population of 1.3 million or so, depending on which info source you read!
I saw the Town Centre, the Schonbrunn Palace precinct & went across the Danube, which really is Blue!
Saw the Austrian alps in the distance, as the sky was clear & blue.
I so love it here. It's sooo steeped in history & the type of light culture I love.
I so love it here. It's sooo steeped in history & the type of light culture I love.
Food is so cheap. I've got to check out rental living, as you can only stay in Hostels for just under a month!
Centre of town living is the same as Aussie, about $700 AUSD a week, right in the heart of the city.
I'm checking out flats in the suburbs tomorrow, for prices.
Following are shots of buildings in Vienna Central, from the bus window.
Following are shots of buildings in Vienna Central, from the bus window.
| Heading up Schonnbrunn drive to the Palace... |
| Note how they decorated the brick building with different coloured brick patterns! |
| The Hoffburg Palace again, in the sunlight! |
| Vienna passed laws to allow horses, pets & cars equal rights on the roads. |
| One of the old Palace buildings, now a museum or something...built with Greek columns to depict strength! |
| All the monuments signify some virtue... |
| Outside City Hall, I'm going there at dark tomorrow night, as they have coloured light shows when the public are ice skating! |
| This is the saddest picture...See where the old meets the new building? Bomb damage in WW2, so they just built back quickly...urghhh! |
| The new side of town...Over the Danube. My batteries died here...So I have to go back to-day & get more shots |
| 6 strawbs in this punnet. I bought 2 punnets for 99c for 2 punnets...50 cents each! |
| You can see how big the strawbs are...they don't serve strawbs with champers here as they don't fit on or in the glasses! |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your interest in my travels...