Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 35...Sunday, 27th Feb...Pete's 40th

Remember this is a blog & it updates backwards! Go to the bottom and find the first post if you want to get the gist of this in sequence...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It started snowing today, then it rained...so I thought I'd catch up on my blog & the WiFi wouldn't work for 24 hrs.
It came on again about 5pm today, so mow I am a happy camper again!


Did this following bit in Word to fill in time...so it's probably all over the place...

Went on the Sound of Music Tour around Salzburg & out to the Lakes & Mondsee where the S.O.M. wedding scene was filmed on Friday when I arrived here..
Wow, it was a beautiful day & lucky I went when I did, as the next day I needed to complete some photos that it was too dark to take on the tour & to-day it rained, snowed a bit & was not photo weather!

A bit peed off to-day tho, as I paid for an extra day here because they had WiFi & thought I’d catch up on my video loading & blog entries, but the WiFi is down & I’m not a happy camper at all!
Especially when I paid extra for a better hostel, which charges extra for breakfast, making it over 20 E a night & find a bunch of things wrong with it!
So, I’m going back to the cheaper ones at 10 Euro a night with reliable WiFi & FREE breakfasts!
I was so looking forwards to speaking with Peter on his 40th, but everyone had problems & one girl has to fly back to England as her Gran is seriously ill & she is having to use the internet at the hostel to book flights & train connections back to England. There is a line up, needless to say!

They gave me a free internet hour in lieu to-day & I sent a Face book message to Peter & then one to Sonia, hoping to get to Pete on time. Oh, well...it was not to be.

Remember Sarah, the English girl school teacher I first met in Vienna? Well...guess what?
I was sitting down here in the common room last night, as the dorm WiFi had packed it in, but this one was still Ok, when I heard my name called out. 
It was Sarah! It was so fun to run into someone I knew in Europe! We hugged & girlie screamed & danced around like kids.
She is the one with the house in Penzance in England & she invited me to visit it to open it up & air it as she was to be away for 3 months.

Anyways it turns out that she has a full week off the very week I go to that part of England!  So, I’ll be going down there for a night to visit her, needless to say.

The more I tour here, the more I love this mountainy, snowy part of Europe. We went out for brunch this morning & Sarah & I both admitted we could see ourselves living in this city.
It’s has only approx 150,000 people & is so easy to get around in. A cab from one end of town to the other is 7 euro!

Sarah & I having brunch at the Large Cup Cafe!




Check out time...You bring down your sheets before 10 am & get your key deposit back!


Check out time...This Hostel is very busy.


Rescued!


Jason, the Aussie Board rider, who gave me some squirts of Vegemite out of his tube that another Aussie returning home had given him!


A very drunk guy having his Bucks party here!


The Hostel serves a nice menu at 7pm every night. It's very social...


Another Aussie... Benjamin from Brisbane, working in Germany for 7 weeks. He had a W/E in Salzburg. Sarah is just going out of the shot & you can see Jason, my roomie!


Beer is 2 E a glass/container/mug.










...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in my travels...