Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Day 9...Tuesday, 1st Feb ...Buying my Tourist Tickets!

Remember this is a blog & it updates backwards! Go to the bottom and find the first post if you want to get the gist of this in sequence...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Heading off into Vienna today to get some tickets & find my bearings!
I've been here a week & mostly have been recovering from a pretty big jet lag, the move of my home, etc etc!

Bought a 2 day tourist pass, which takes you to the 3 main attraction areas in Vienna. 



Here I am, rugged up & ready to go to Vienna Central. About 14 rail stops away, 1.80 Euro
The cutest little bottle of Choc liquer, bought in a chocolate shop! 1.90 Euro. Great gifts!
Here is the little bottle again...so cute!


Booked the 2 day tourist pass, which goes everywhere the tours go! So cheap! 

25 Euros for English narrative on all 3 tours & you can go as many times as you can fit in in the 48 hours the pass is valid!

I then booked a front row seat for a Mozart & Strauss concert at some famous castle /concert hall for Friday night, so it's on with the glad rags again. 
The ticket was 59 Euro, but I figured this is the home of this music & it's the only place to really hear it played in it's original home in all it's glory. 
The receptionist told me to take my camera if I'm into crystal & stuff!

Am home now, after booking another week here. 73 Euro for 7 nights accom, WiFi, breakfasts & a constant stream of girls, coming & going!
I'm surprised how many local folk use these amazing Hostels.

I hope the microwave works well to cook some rice noodles, with chicken tonite for dinner. 

They don't have green curry paste over here, so I'll make do with rice noodles, fresh chicken & some sort of wok stir fry sauce! I have fresh cucumber, fresh tomatoes, etc, but I'm really hanging out for some rice cakes & Promite!

Will grab some more of that nice Hungarian Goulash soup in town tomorrow whilst on tour. At 3.95 Euro, it's a bargain!

Over & out for now...oh, the temp is rising here. It's been below zero ever since I've been here, out where we are. But Wednesday they expect sun & 6 degrees Celcius!
WOW!
Big spend to-day!
73 Euro for another week here.
2.70 E for a bought extra breaky, to see what it was!
85 Euro for my 2 day tourist pass & the Strauss concert ticket
5.20 E for a bag of chocs for the receptionist girl, who was so good to me & the little bottle of choc liquer
Under 5 Euro for some Wok sauce( 1.45 E), rice noodles(99c), a small bottle of bubbles (85.c)& a litre of fresh orange juice(99c)
Total Spend to-day...171 Euro...

I am searching online now for a Hostel for 2-3 weeks in Prague to save my money, write my books, which I'm busting to do over here in this culture & also to gather some strength to do the big month ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in my travels...