Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 28 ...Sunday, 20th Feb...Prague, here I come!

Remember this is a blog & it updates backwards! Go to the bottom and find the first post if you want to get the gist of this in sequence...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Before I start...
Look at this;
 That's not a beer...
Now, This IS a BEER!  New roomie, Sebastian, from Dominica, doing a Masters in Psychology
Spent all day, after watching it snow for 2 hrs this morning & then melt, even tho it's minus 4 outside, sorting out the next 2 weeks itinerary. I become a tourist to-morrow and all those costs were factored in to my Prague budget 2 weeks ago.
Am quite excited, now I'm better & am looking forwards to touring here. One of the roomies, Frank, is going to help me cook a special dinner on Tuesday night to celebrate his new job, me becoming a tourist, our last nights here, etc etc. We're making his special Goulash,again, as I didn't get to eat any of it last week, other than some gravy & a few slices of potato.

Here is my schedule for the next 2 weeks...
  • Bus to Munich on Wednesday 3pm, arrive 8pm
  • Stay at YMCA Hostel in Munich, Wed & Thurs nites
  • 12 hour day tour to King Ludwig's Castles on Thursday
  • Train to Salzburg on Friday
  • Stay at YoHo Hostel in Salzburg, Fri & Sat nites.
  • Spare night to visit Innsbruk, Sun...can't find how to get there in a day, so I'll do a tour when I get to Salzburg.
  • Train to Interlaken from Salzburg at 10 am Monday morning
  • Arrive Interlaken at 7pm
  • Stay at Lazy Falcon Hostel for 7 nites...free Wifi, breakfast, kitchen etc etc!
  • Trip up the Jungfrau on special at Hostel.
  • The Hostel also does White water rafting, paragliding, bungy jumping & all extreme sports, so that should be fun to watch.
That 2 weeks will cost...stand back!
Bought ticket to Munich last week.                           33.00E
Munich Hostel...Double the normal 10E  19 E x 2.= 38.00E
Day Castle Tour, half price special                           25.00E
Ticket to Salzburg by train (for a change)                 19.00E
Hostel Salzburg x 3 x 16E                                       48.00E
Sound of Music Tours, etc etc*                             100.00E
Train from Salzburg to Interlaken                             69.00E
Hostel at Interlaken x 7 nites
is double what I've been paying! It costed 21E/n     150.00E
Jungfraugh special                                                    99.00E
Food & odds n'ends for 2 weeks @ 10E a day av. 150.00E

TOTAL...                                                              911.00E


Train or bus from Interlaken to Paris  Mon             80.00E
Paris Hostel x 1 n...about 20E + food etc               50.00E
Paris to Callais by bus or train on Tues  8thM        50.00E
Callais to Dover, Chanel Crossing                          20.00E

TOTAL
The 4 above amts are fair estimates at the mo....          200.00E

So, that takes me up to & out of Europe & into UK for the final 16 days, with St Paddy's Day in Oireland with my friend, Elaine! UK plans will be posted in about 10 days time. Just after Pete's birthday.

The Tally for 28 days so far, that's right up till to-day is Still 1100Euros, as I didn't spend any extra this week, as I had bought everything earlier on.The next 14 days will cost the same as the last 28 days, eeek!

The next 2 weeks are going to be heavy with lots of travel etc & will bump up my daily average spend from. 39.28 Euros a day to 52.38 Euro a day...still less than a hotel room a day & look what I'm doing!
Am half way through the trip on Wednesday, when I leave Prague.

Watch for Prague pics tomorrow...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for your interest in my travels...