Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 19, Friday, 11th Feb...Creating a Routine for the Next 2 Weeks...

Remember this is a blog & it updates backwards! Go to the bottom and find the first post if you want to get the gist of this in sequence...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here...Look at this & see what foods I bought for the pantry!

LDPE Taska...5.00 A
TVN P.VODA SYNC 1.51.......  3.90 B
CIBULE VOLNA kg 0.00kg 14.90Kc/Kg...........1.508...That might have been some garlic?
TUNAK 3x80g RAJc.OM.........32.508
Thai Ch Curry Paste......42.908
Tch Kokos. Meleko   165g........21.508

and so on!
I actually thought I bought, by looking at the packets, the following;
Garlic Cloves, Rice Spiral Noodles, Thai Curry Paste, Coconut Milk, Chicken Breasts, Rice Fettucini, Rice Cakes, Pk Olives, Sm. Bottle Tomato Paste, 1xCarrot, 1xOnion, bag Mandarins, bag BrusselSprouts, pkt Wallnuts, pkt Goji Berries,  3x tins tuna steaks & a bottle of Soda Water!

The only surprise was the tuna. It was done in tomato sauce,(like sardines in tom sauce).
So far everything else seems OK.
Over here they have 2 types of Soda Water. One colour lid for strong bubbles & another colour lid for weaker soda bubbles!
The soda water & all soft drinks, by the looks of things, are so cheap! I think the soda water I bought was 3.9 Cz...I worked out an easier way to convert. 1 Cz is about 6 cents Aussie...ish. So the bottle of Soda water was about 22 cents for 1.5 litres.

Total spend this past few days has been...
Bal of payment for 2 weeks at the Hostel...2,448 Cz...+ 244 deposit...(about 116 Euro total with deposit,)
That's about 58 E a week, about 8.3 E a day with breaky.
1 week was a Jan special at 7.8 E a day & then the 2nd week was 8.9 E a day. Good price for what I get.
I'm happy, as it's really cozy here & condusive to thinking!
Exclude the new trolley bag, my boots & jumpers, as they are Xmas money spends & not counted in the trip budget.
Food yesterday was Celkem (Total) 433.80 Cz, plus the 80 odd Cz for lunch. & 100 Cz for those chockies!
613 total Cz...about 25 Euro or about  $36...Aussie.
I don't need to buy much more now until I do a tour of here next week.
Tours are a lot more expensive here too!
The normal day tours I like to do are 27 Euro. In Vienna & Frankfurt they were only 15 Euro. I got 3 for 25 Euro in Vienna & 2 for 27 Euro, I think, in Budapest.

Anyways, they have bungie jumping, bobsledding etc here also, so I might use some of my Xmas money for either a Hot air balloon ride(a 10 min version, only 50 bucks or so), bobsledding or a FolkLore evening.

I'm definitely going to the Bohemia Crystal factory tour! It's 890 Cz...37 Euro, $52 Aussie Dollars. They give a little gift and the price includes entry into the Crystal Factory too, plus bus ride there & back. 3.5 hrs duration. 3 Days a week.

Got in contact with my friend here & I'm meeting them at 5pm to-day I hope, if I can find where he said to meet them! Will keep you posted on that one!

The kitchen cooking area. It's quite adequate & does the job. The cook-top is gas, so it's quick too.





The other view of the kitchen, from the hotplate area!




A scene taken from my dorm window in Prague.




The Red Hostel owned by the same person. It's opposite, as you can see! Correction to previous post...both buildings are 4 stories high. Not  6 & 4, as I thought.



Heading Out...Actually, it's not that cold at the moment...

Those bloomin' Aussies are everywhere! A massive Billboard here in Prague!

The Breakfast Room in Prague Hostel.. .Because they have a later breaky, until 10am & there are 3 kitchens, I guess they don't need as much area for breaky.
Just discovered, by looking at the bottle, Pitna voda is soda water! oops!
So, this is where Louise gets her Coffee ideas from! A breakfast tray in our hostel in Prague.












Total spend for the past few days has been...3,500 Cz...for food & hostel accom with breakfast for 2 weeks.
Total...
My bag, boots, jumper & cardigan are excluded from totals. Jumpers were 260 Cz,$12-15 Ausd, new trolley bag was 499Cz about 25-30 Ausd & boots 699 Cz about $35-40.ish

Just to make conversion easier here, someone said, take off the last number & cut the balance in half...ish.
So, 700Cz= 70 divided by 2 =  $35 ish...close enough to figure out if it's too X'y or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in my travels...