Friday, February 04, 2011

Friday, 4th Feb...Day 12...A train breakdown...

Remember this is a blog & it updates backwards! Go to the bottom and find the first post if you want to get the gist of this in sequence...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
To-day is quite warm, everyone is saying!
It's about 6C...

I'm going on the orange train line into some town to buy my ticket to Prague...Can't seem to connect to Prague from Vienna on the internet.
Then I'll go on another coloured train line, 3 stops & buy a pillow & some boots. I feel like a ho-bo in joggers!
The local women's feet are very narrow & even tho' my feet are small & dainty, they are broad by comparison to here!
Tried on shoes & boots & while the sizes are OK, the width is very narrow for even me. 
Prices vary from 300E to 20 E. Winter Sales are on, so I'll just buy some boots that blend in. 

Only a few tourists wear joggers, most folk wear leather shoes or really nice long boots & some wear shorter boots, like I'll buy.

OK, back from town...that was something else!

I was going to the theatre to-nite to see & hear some Mozart & Strauss being played.
I had been & bought my Eurolines bus tickets to Prague (19Euro) & bought a return on Monday for a day visit to Budapest (19Euro return) & was on my way to the pillow buying excursion, when our train suddenly stopped about 5 stops from our Huttledorf stop. Everyone was evacuated from the train & that was it!

It seems a train broke down further up line, no one knew what was happening...so I went back into the city, as I was not going to miss my very expensive front row Concert!
Much to my dismay, I had to attend the lovely restaurant & concert in my big red & black joggers, corduroy jacket & fluffy scarf!
I was so upset, as I wanted to get dolled up in heels etc again for another special crystal chandelier occasion !
Ended up sitting next to a lady doctor for the concert, sat next to a nurse in the restaurant while I had dinner & forgot to mention, stood next to another lady doctor for an hour, chatting at the Ball!

It was quite a nice evening...Going to that Hoffburg Palace Ball when I first arrived, as my first Palace & musical experience, ruined me! The Ball people have asked me can they use the link to the coverage of the Doctor's Ball on my blog for insertion in their monthly newsletter! I'm honoured.



When my camera is cold, it takes a while to work, so I tend at times to not get the shot I want! Not my hands...



Taking our seats in the small theatre that Franz Joseph built for his people to be able to sit somewhere nice & drink the mountain water he had recently piped 200 klms to Vienna from the mountains. It holds about 200 people & was full last night.

I had a 2nd front row seat






Some of the dainty details on the ceilings



This gets me over here! They love their loos...These are mirrored patterned loo doors!

Fresh Flowers in the loos...

The Chandelier in the posh restaurant where I wore my big ugly red & black joggers!

I've loaded these back to front! The last Chandelier was in the Restaurant I went to prior to the music.
The others were in the Concert Hall.

I saw some ice skaters in the middle of town on the way to the Concert Hall too...




Spend to-day...
2 bus tickets...38 Euro. My theatre dinner. 14 Euro (Viennese potato soup & a glass of champers), lunch & munchies in town all day, 10 Euro...(an egg & salad wrap, 500 mls fresh carrot juice, a chicken schnitzel, a real fresh fig & 2 tubs of local fruit & berry yogurt!) Train ticket into town...1.80 Euro. I forget to add that in as I had a week ticket at first. Plus 2 loo visits...1 @.60 cents & 1 @ 50 cents!

2 weeks will be up to-morrow, so I'll tally it all up then. It's about  700 Euro, with accom, travel, touring, Palace visits, the Ball etc, so it looks like about 50 E a day. It will be heaps less from now on, as my biggest spends are over for now.
I SO had to do & see these Palaces in Vienna & am so glad I have. Only have one more left to do tomorrow, that I want to see now. Some say it's the prettiest of all. It's the Belvedere.
I'm almost ready to come home & get on with earning some money now to live like this!

Total Spend to-day...64.90 Euro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in my travels...