Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 22, Monday, 14th Feb...St Valentines Day.

Remember this is a blog & it updates backwards! Go to the bottom and find the first post if you want to get the gist of this in sequence...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Have been a bit crook the past week, since I've been here actually, in Prague.
I think it's the food.
I can't eat the breakfasts. It's about 4 different cereals...crunchy nut, by the looks of it & a wheat based meusli, not even oats, which I could try. I had a go at the cereals, but it's taken me 5 days to recover.
Then they have 3 pieces of rye bread, 2 long white rolls, 4 or 5 slices of cheese & the same of ham.
The cheese & ham were OK for one breaky, but from then on, I just got crook.
I didn't eat the bread at all & ham once a year is my limit.

Had gastro, nauseau etc & even a cough...one of the roomies had a bad throat & we all caught it over the next days. I had the shivers, fever, flushes & joint pains all over. Not nice, but I'm sure the worst is over but still have a bit of a sniffle & a few aching joints, but heaps better than I was for 5 days.. Didn't want to say anything before, as I thought you may worry for me. My travel insurance would fly me home if I got too bad, so all should be fine now.
It's Valentines Day here & it's a big deal...
They have these heart shaped things with jellied fruits on top on a base of cake, then cream. They sell little & big ones. This is a small one & sells for about 27cz...That's about $1.50 Ausd. The wine (pink) is everywhere thru the supermarket! On top of food counters, in amongst the cakes, near the flowers! So surprising to suddenly come across it like that.


Have been plotting my course for the next part of the trip.
It's a week around the castles, Salzburg, Sound of Music, Innsbruk & Interlaken. Will probably do a trip with a bunch of students to the Alps in Interlaken. It's for 4 days, travel, accom, breakfast & return to Prague. But I'll jump ship/bus in Interlaken & go up to Munich I think from there.

To save getting all the trains & changes etc, I figured the bus tour with the students would serve me better & give door to door delivery! From there to Munich is easy enough they say.
It's 219 Euro for 4 nites, bus trip from Prague to Interlaken return, breakies, & not sure what else yet! I'm still trying to work out which will be most convenient for me.



Cooked & had breaky on this little balcony this morning of 2 poached eggs, 2 rice cakes & coffee. Gosh, how I wish I brought my coffee plunger with me.

The Coffee is hopeless here, still!

Louise, Paul & I all make better coffee than they do over here! I am shocked, really, as I thought they would have coffee plungers everywhere & so on.
Not so. I went to buy one, like they have in Woolies at home & it was $30 Ausd!. Nearly fell over. So, needless to say it stayed on the shelf!

Hopefully I'll be back on all cylinders to-morrow...

Total Spend to-day. Nil.
Probably look for some Asprin tho later today, as my head & some joints are really aching. Couldn't wait, so I asked the front office & they gave me something 400mgs of pain relief. So I'm having a hot honey & lemon & that pill. I should have done this earlier, but it was so insidious, It was full blown before I realized & then I couldn't be bothered!

OMG...suddenly I feel better! Just look at this... 
Am lying here trying to work out how to tour the area at the bottom of Bavaria & look what happened.!
No wonder David stayed an extra week or so when he was over there! (press the red writing if no blue link shows up!)
2hrs later, am feeling heaps better. Making some chicken soup now...so will head up town & get some celery, aspirin & some more lemons. 

.

Inside Neuschwanstein Castle
.This is what I've come to take...a pic like this
This travel blog photo's source is TravelPod page:

Neuschwanstein Castle


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in my travels...