Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 25, Thursday, 17th Feb...Alien Bunion or Celery?

Remember this is a blog & it updates backwards! Go to the bottom and find the first post if you want to get the gist of this in sequence...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That's the question I ask myself as I cut into this thing, this thing that looks like an alien bunion or something hugely gross and they eat it with gusto!
They say it's really Celery!

Added it to the soup just now, that I made yesterday (or the day before) & it tastes sort of neutral, like those white vegies the Asians use in their cooking. 
Anyway, I have a massive pot of "alien bunion" soup to down in the next day or so & that should flush everything foreign out of my system, for sure!

Just had a little serve of Frank's Goulash from last night...(it's 6.15pm as I write this) it was delicious. No wonder they eat so many potatoes over in Europe!

Actually, I haven't seen a single chip anywhere here, come to think of it. They have these massive potatoes that hold together when cooked & you can slice them etc,when cooked, which is how they serve Goulash here & with mashed potato in Holland!

Lots of things have been falling into place this last day, which has been good & I'm feeling heaps better too.
The USA Jonathan & I had a real long chat to-day about energy force/life force/the electricity that energises you. Call it by whatever name you like, it still is!

It was so good to talk in yr own language, be mostly understood & on a subject we both have great interest in. Quantum Physics really. He studied the energy effects of various animals etc & is out on Skype right now, being interviewed for a job in Boston or New York.

Frank, the super cook, went in today to apply for a job in Security for a transport company (to protect the truckies while they sleep at designated stops) & was back in no time at all. He said they read his resume (he is a policeman) & hired him within 5 mins! The guy who interviewed him was also Dutch.

He gets his uniform on Monday, his security car on Wednesday & begins on Thursday... It pays just on 1300 Euro a month, compared to policeman in Holland for 1800 E a month. 1300 E is about 1800 Ausd.
A shared unit here is about 200-600 E a month, depending what suburb he can find one in. 

Wages are equivalent to Ausd $450 a week!!!! They get paid 4 weekly here too. I guess they have to to make it seem a worthwhile amount! Now I know why they have such funny money,which is magnetised, by the way! Wouldn't you feel better getting 31,200 Cz a month, than 1300Euro?
He recons he will be ahead as living in Holland is so expensive. Now you know how it is over here!

Ok, I just remembered why else I came to Prague. To also do some other stuff with my books...actually get them hard copy  published!
Gotta go & get that sorted out now.
Bye...

Total Spend to-day...Nil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in my travels...